Out of Hours Emergencies
Out-of-hours cover is now the responsibility of GGNHSB. NHS 24 is a 24-hour telephone nurse consultation and health information service and is available in Glasgow.
Out-of-hours cover is now the responsibility of GGNHSB. NHS 24 is a 24-hour telephone nurse consultation and health information service and is available in Glasgow. If the practice is contacted out-of-hours, an information message will be available informing patients who to contact and the telephone number.
Please call NHS24 – 111
- This service is for emergencies
- It should not be used instead of a day time appointment
- All calls are monitored and will be reviewed by our Doctors
- Remember the Out of Hours Service is for urgent problems only. Please do not contact the service for a second opinion or for anything which can wait until the next working day.
A receptionist in the emergency call centre will answer your call and either:
- Arrange advice from a doctor or nurse
- Invite you to attend the centre to be seen by a doctor
- Arrange a home visit if you are too ill to visit the centre.
Our local out-of-hours centre
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Govan Road, Glasgow, is our local out-of-hours centre. If you require medical attention you will be offered advice as deemed appropriate or asked to attend the centre. Please remember that you must always telephone beforehand, it is not a walk in service. House calls will still be available for the housebound or seriously ill.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.